14.10.2011

Starcraft 2 - How a Star is born!

Okay, let me tell you a story...
As I said in the previous post I am trying, - no building up - a career in the E-Sports scene and I also said that I picked Starcraft II as the game of choice. You've not gotten into the bann of SCII?! You sure should, you sure should.... First of all my close friend of mine, the one I played WoW with, talked me into it.. -.- thanks dude for screwing my Reallife! D=..

Okay anyways let's get back to the topic. Starcraft II is the new up and coming game in the big E-Sports brand. There are about 10 tiny cups a DAY where players play for 50€ up to 200€ (just like the Playhem Daylie-Cup Teamliquid Site of Playhemdaylie), a couple weekly cups (for example the GO4SC2-Cup from ESL [the Electronic Sports League] GO4SC2 Homepage) and even some really prestigieous monthly tournements like MLG (Major League Gaming) and the GSL (Global Starcraft League). These tournements are often connected with a huge offline (actually at the place the games happen) crowd and an even bigger online (on the streams of the certain event) crowd with around 50.000 up to even 100.000 viewers on the Championship Sunday (Semi-Finals + Finals) aswell as the GSL Grandfinal. The hype about SC II is bigger then ever expected...

There was a big fanbase for the predecessor (Starcraft Broodwar) in Southkorea which was considered to be insane. In Korea there is a TV-Channel just for Starcraft Broodwar eventhough the first release of the game was in 1998! This culture of E-Sportfanatics swapped over to the Europe with the big release of Starcraft II. The improved graphicsengine and the infrastructure of EU and NA allowed the game to get this popular. The culture that once was so strange is now soooo familiar.
In Stockholme (Sweden) they even meet for a regular session of Barcraft - a mixture of Starcraft and Bar - I have a picture from my Progamingfriend inFKaeru, photographing a bar watching SCII...


I think this is a fitting ending to this blog entry next up: my plans and my schedule
~ as always GG HF :3

1 Kommentar:

  1. No problem ;)
    I would kill your RL again and again if necessary :D

    AntwortenLöschen