15.10.2011

The mental Wall...

Well hello Ladys and Gens,
Okay I am about to start my todays laddersession but before I am able to press the Oh so mighty "FIND MATCH" button I have to break through my mental wall which is holding me back. Some might question theirselves: "What is a mental Wall?!". Okay, let me tell you. A mental wall is a certain circumstance or fact which hinders your play and or let's your skill stagnate. For example your desk.
I personally perfom very poorly / do not get motivated if my desk looks messy:
desk transformation
My desk has to look tidy (just like in the picture) to make a good performance. Another HUGE mental wall is my mental state. I often perfom better when I manage to make sport, take a shower, stand up early and style my hair before I play. It's just a matter of selfconfidence that increases IRL and ingame. Breaking through those mental walls is important to become consistend in Ladderpractice. The by far biggest mental wall is the fear of losing games. I find myself sitting infront of my PC doing totally nothig instead of laddering because I don't want to screw my 55 - 29 statistics.
The "FIND MATCH" button

Everytime I do it I could punch myself in the face. So I made a rule that everyone else can applie when you have the same problems..
Noone looks you up and says "you sir have an awesome statistic" if you aren't at least a Masterlevel-Player.
Just fucking press that button! I'll do it, too! I know it's hard to say "I'm playin at least 15 games today even if I lose all of them it'll be fine because I learned something." but you seriously have to do it to get any major improvements.

~max

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen